TAURIS Capital is a consultancy for corporate finance, restructuring real estate and M & A.
Always the best advice – that comes from TAURIS Capital
TAURIS Capital develops innovative and target-oriented solutions: Not off-the-shelf products, but tailor-made approaches to problem solution and value growth. In this process, we combine creativity with professional competences – a combination which is almost impossible to find anywhere else. TAURIS Capital knows and understands the different interests of shareholders, investors, management and other parties involved. Based on and in line with these interests and expectations, TAURIS Capital finds the best possible solutions for the company and its stakeholders.
Every project is unique – depending on the industry, the specific application, requirements, size and budget. The TAURIS Capital team discusses the different aspects with the clients in detail and develops tailor-made solutions.
We provide advice during purchase and sale transactions of, in particular, medium-sized companies and support our clients throughout the entire process.
- Identifying and addressing potential investors and targets for purchase worldwide (with support from our international partners)
- Efficient and “silent” planning, as well as structuring of the transaction
- Accompanying the transaction from the first contact through to completion
- Coordination of external consultants, both during and, in particular, after the conclusion of the transaction
- Providing support during due diligence and negotiations
We support our clients (in particular, medium-sized companies) with regard to all subjects concerning capital market financing. In close coordination with the client, our team structures and implements the optimum solution for the specific case.
- Selection of the capital market instruments suitable for financing and developing the company
- Support during negotiations with issuing banks
- Coordination of the entire process until first listing
TAURIS Capital provides advice and support in all questions regarding the financing of growth, acquisitions or restructuring – and coordinates the entire financing process.
- Providing creative outside capital solutions from a broad range of financing sources for companies, private equity investors, asset managers, family offices, institutional customers and wealthy private persons in the field of company- and real estate-specific financing
- Ensuring the conclusion of financing contracts by independently and objectively exploring all possible structures and alternatives (incl. senior debt, junior debt and mezzanine capital) with a view to obtaining attractive conditions in line with the market and other requirements of the client
- Procuring acquisition financing, project financing, re-financing and support in restructuring of borrowed capital; in particular, in real-estate specific financing consultancy
Tauris Capital is a real estate development and operating platform. The focus in the real estate sector relies on Micro Living products such as Student-Housing, Co-Living and Serviced Apartments. We develop future-proof, flexible and innovative concepts in the residential and commercial sectors.
TAURIS Capital focuses on a wide range of industries:
Banking & Finance
TAURIS Capital is led by its partners who stand for the highest professional standards as well as a partnership-based and customer-oriented corporate culture. We combine our long-standing experience in finance and business management with legal and operations know-how to develop creative solutions which can be implemented right away. Our partners are involved in every part of the process from the beginning to its conclusion so as to ensure that our clients benefit from their experience during all phases of the implementation. Active communication as well as transparent and clearly structured processes – which take account of all aspects of a situation – are always based on the client’s interest.
- Experience in M&A, private equity and principal investments since 1998, most recently as a senior investment director at a listed investment company with responsibility for the private equity sector.
- Alexander has contributed to IPOs and M&A transactions in a leading capacity and has many years of experience as a member of the supervisory board of listed and non-listed companies.
- Alexander studied economics and business administration at the universities of Bonn and Cologne. He has a master’s degree in banking and finance.
- Born in Hamburg, worked in Konstanz, Bremen, New York and London
- Most recently, partner in one of the biggest German law firms in Düsseldorf
- Industry experience: Banking and financial services, automotive, real estate, trade, sports & leisure
Board of Directors
Georg Haider, LL.M.
- Georg is overseeing all transactions and project developments
- He has experience as Managing Director of a renowned alternative investment manager with EUR >7 bn AuM and 250+ employees and was responsible for all purchases and sales, in particular larger off-market and more complex transactions and project developments
- The lawyer and real estate expert with a 20 year track record and excellent national and international network previously headed up for more than 10 years as German CEO the entire German business of Northern Horizon Group, one of the leading Scandinavian fund- and investment managers
Dr. Magnus Sedlmayr
- Magnus supports the company COMPANYLINKS in expanding and developing its presence in Switzerland
- He has over 30 years of professional experience in the international banking business as CFO in large corporations and as an independent entrepreneur
- His career led him from Goldman Sachs and Bankers Trust to today’s E.ON and two self-founded companies with a focus on M&A, private equity, financing and renewable energies
Many companies have already placed their trust in TAURIS Capital and found innovative and target-oriented solutions with our support. A short overview illustrates the broad range of possibilities with which we can support you.
Investment banking and private equity
- Financing with a total volume of more than € 10 billion
- Involvement in more than 40 private equity transactions
- Execution of more than 50 capital market transactions
- Support during more than 20 M&A transactions
- Advice and capital procurement for various companies in crisis situations
- Coordination of the cooperation with insolvency lawyers during an ordered liquidation
Real estate and transactions
- Development and management of a Micro Living portfolio of EUR 1 billion in the period 2007 – 2018
- Over 30 properties in Europe under management
- Big institutional customers
- The team developed and positioned one of the most successful brands in the Micro Living segment on the German market
- Sale of the Student Living-Portfolio to the Germany’s largest pension fund
- Bonds and debenture bonds for DAX and MDAX companies
- Bonds and debenture bonds for public institutions as well as for federal states and municipalities
- High-yield issues for various companies on the German and American market
- Restructuring of the liabilities side and turnaround financing for medium-sized companies in situations of crisis and restructuring
- More than 40 private equity transactions, e.g., from the following segments:
- Real estate and special properties, facility management
- Internet and internet portals
- Services and financial service providers
- Advising investors in the acquisition of a leading facility management company with branch offices worldwide
- Sale of an online travel portal to a large German corporation
- Advising an investment company during the acquisition of a shareholding in a financial service provider
- Execution of the first private equity secondary portfolio transaction in Germany
- Advising an Indian investor group during a strategic acquisition in the textile industry
TAURIS Capital AG
60329 Frankfurt am Main
T +49 (174) 7777339
Petersstr. 22 | 04109 Leipzig
Chairman of the supervisory board: