TAURIS Capital is a consultancy for corporate finance, restructuring and
M & A.
In close cooperation with our clients, we support medium-sized companies as well as shareholders and investors during acquisitions, in complex and unusual situations, during reorganisation measures and in restructuring of listed financial instruments.
Always the best advice – that comes from TAURIS Capital
TAURIS Capital develops innovative and target-oriented solutions: Not off-the-shelf products, but tailor-made approaches to problem solution and value growth. In this process, we combine creativity with professional competences – a combination which is almost impossible to find anywhere else. TAURIS Capital knows and understands the different interests of shareholders, investors, management and other parties involved. Based on and in line with these interests and expectations, TAURIS Capital finds the best possible solutions for the company and its stakeholders.
Every project is unique – depending on the industry, the specific application, requirements, size and budget. The TAURIS Capital team discusses the different aspects with the clients in detail and develops tailor-made solutions.
We provide advice during purchase and sale transactions of, in particular, medium-sized companies and support our clients throughout the entire process.
- Identifying and addressing potential investors and targets for purchase worldwide (with support from our international partners)
- Efficient and “silent” planning, as well as structuring of the transaction
- Accompanying the transaction from the first contact through to completion
- Coordination of external consultants, both during and, in particular, after the conclusion of the transaction
- Providing support during due diligence and negotiations
We support our clients (in particular, medium-sized companies) with regard to all subjects concerning capital market financing. In close coordination with the client, our team structures and implements the optimum solution for the specific case.
- Selection of the capital market instruments suitable for financing and developing the company
- Support during negotiations with issuing banks
- Coordination of the entire process until first listing
TAURIS Capital provides advice and support in all questions regarding the financing of growth, acquisitions or restructuring – and coordinates the entire financing process.
- Providing creative outside capital solutions from a broad range of financing sources for companies, private equity investors, asset managers, family offices, institutional customers and wealthy private persons in the field of company- and real estate-specific financing
- Ensuring the conclusion of financing contracts by independently and objectively exploring all possible structures and alternatives (incl. senior debt, junior debt and mezzanine capital) with a view to obtaining attractive conditions in line with the market and other requirements of the client
- Procuring acquisition financing, project financing, re-financing and support in restructuring of borrowed capital; in particular, in real-estate specific financing consultancy
In long-term customer relationships, we are pleased to act as a regular sparring partner for the early evaluation of corporate and investment decisions. We rely on sound judgement, experience, reliability and professional know-how.
- Support in identifying hidden options for value creation
- Discreet advice and mediation in special situations
- Assumption of board and management positions at both listed and private companies
- Execution of operative turn-arounds, adjustment of business models, squeeze-outs under exchange law up to liquidation and the sale of the company
- Participating and providing support during general meetings, in particular, at critical points in the history of the company
TAURIS Capital focuses on a wide range of industries:
Banking & Finance
TAURIS Capital is led by its partners who stand for the highest professional standards as well as a partnership-based and customer-oriented corporate culture. We combine our long-standing experience in finance and business management with legal and operations know-how to develop creative solutions which can be implemented right away. Our partners are involved in every part of the process from the beginning to its conclusion so as to ensure that our clients benefit from their experience during all phases of the implementation. Active communication as well as transparent and clearly structured processes – which take account of all aspects of a situation – are always based on the client’s interest.
- Experience in M&A, private equity and principal investments since 1998, most recently as a senior investment director at a listed investment company with responsibility for the private equity sector.
- Alexander has contributed to IPOs and M&A transactions in a leading capacity and has many years of experience as a member of the supervisory board of listed and non-listed companies.
- Alexander studied economics and business administration at the universities of Bonn and Cologne. He has a master’s degree in banking and finance.
- Born in Hamburg, worked in Konstanz, Bremen, New York and London
- Most recently, partner in one of the biggest German law firms in Düsseldorf
- Industry experience: Banking and financial services, automotive, real estate, trade, sports & leisure
An international network and personal relationships with the relevant decision makers in the field of finance and companies help to quickly and pragmatically achieve sustainable results. The continuous exchange with our partners ensures that we are always up to speed with regard to the latest trends, conditions and best practices on the debt and equity markets. In addition, we maintain a constant dialogue with specialised capital market communications advisers.
Many companies have already placed their trust in TAURIS Capital and found innovative and target-oriented solutions with our support. A short overview illustrates the broad range of possibilities with which we can support you.
Investment banking and private equity
- Financing with a total volume of more than € 10 billion
- Involvement in more than 40 private equity transactions
- Execution of more than 50 capital market transactions
- Support during more than 20 M&A transactions
- Advice and capital procurement for various companies in crisis situations
- Coordination of the cooperation with insolvency lawyers during an ordered liquidation
- Bonds and debenture bonds for DAX and MDAX companies
- Bonds and debenture bonds for public institutions as well as for federal states and municipalities
- High-yield issues for various companies on the German and American market
- Restructuring of the liabilities side and turnaround financing for medium-sized companies in situations of crisis and restructuring
- More than 40 private equity transactions, e.g., from the following segments:
- Real estate and special properties, facility management
- Internet and internet portals
- Services and financial service providers
- Advising investors in the acquisition of a leading facility management company with branch offices worldwide
- Sale of an online travel portal to a large German corporation
- Advising an investment company during the acquisition of a shareholding in a financial service provider
- Execution of the first private equity secondary portfolio transaction in Germany
- Advising an Indian investor group during a strategic acquisition in the textile industry
TAURIS Capital AG
Goetheplatz | Neue Rothofstr. 13-19
60313 Frankfurt am Main
T +49 (69) 27245110
F +49 (69) 27245110
Company’s head office:
Via Barberini 11
Chairman of the supervisory board: